hawx is always reliable. always innovative.
MILWAUKEE TERMITE CONTROL
protecting your property from wood-destroying pests
Turn to Hawx Pest Control for dependable termite control in Milwaukee. Call (262) 223-8146 or contact us online today to get started.
the 3 types of termites
There are approximately 45 different types of species of termites in the United States, all of which can be placed into 1 of 3 categories. Each species has unique biology and behaviors that impact where they live and how likely they are to damage your home.
Below Are the 3 Types of Termites:
- Subterranean termites: ubterranean termites live in moist soil and feed on wood. They are the most destructive type of termites because they travel in large colonies that can sometimes contain millions of members.
- Drywood termites: Drywood termites typically live in and feed on dry wood such as dead trees, wooden beams, or hardwood floors. Unlike subterranean termites, they do not require contact with the soil and they travel in much smaller colonies. That means that while they can cause significant damage to a home, they are not known to cause as much damage as subterranean termites.
- Dampwood termites: As their name indicates, dampwood termites prefer to live in and feed on wood with a high moisture content. Because of this, they will likely only enter a home with plumbing or roof leaks. These leaks saturate the wood in the home enough to attract dampwood termites.
Identifying the type of termite in your home or business is the first step in providing an effective treatment. At Hawx Pest Control, our Milwaukee termite control pros are skilled in locating and identifying all types of termites.
signs of a termite infestation in milwaukee
Signs of a Termite Infestation Include:
- Mud tunnels going up your foundation
- A swarm of winged termites around your windows or doors
- Small clicking sounds coming from inside your walls
- Piles of frass (termite droppings that look like cracked pepper)
- Visible wood damage
- Buckling or extra-creaky floorboards
- Uneven or bubbling paint
- Wood that sounds hollow when you knock on it
- Loose tiles
- Tight-fitting doors
- Hard-to-open windows
do termites have wings?
home of the free re-service
HAVE A PEST PROBLEM?
contact hawx pest control today
By clicking "get free estimate," I give my electronic signature and consent that Hawx may contact me with offers at the phone number above, including by text message, autodialer or prerecorded message. Consent not required for purchase. Message & data rates may apply. Promotion is subject to local quarterly service pricing, and may not apply to some services.