Hotel Pest Control
Customized, fast commercial pest services
The last thing your hotel guests want to see during their stay is pests of any kind. The sight of insects and vermin can deter hotel-goers, resulting in negative social media reviews and a soured reputation. Worse, pests on your property can also incite lawsuits if someone’s health is affected through bites or disease transmission.
Pests gain entry to hotels through various portals, sometimes even coming in with guests’ luggage. Hotel pest control is an ongoing challenge throughout the property, indoors and outdoors.
What are the most common pests found in hotels?
Rodents are mainly attracted to hotels that have some type of food service associated with it. Mice and rats are often found near kitchens, restaurants, bars, and where trash is stored. Guests’ aversion to seeing a rodent scampering across a hotel lobby or outdoor seating area can result in bad reviews and unhappy customers. The presence of rodents can also cause food contamination in kitchens, potentially causing diseases like salmonella, E. coli, or leptospirosis. Without proper hotel pest control services, rodents cause also financial losses due to rats and mice damaging and gnawing at food packages, furnishings, equipment, and electrical wiring.
Cockroaches are known for infesting areas with readily available food and water sources, making hotel kitchens, cafes, restaurants, bars, bathrooms, and outdoor pool houses common targets. The presence of cockroaches anywhere on a hotel’s property necessitates a call to Hawx Pest Control. These insects not only frighten guests, they carry bacteria that could cause salmonella, staphylococcus, and streptococcus in humans if they come in contact with food contaminated by disease-carrying cockroaches. In addition, cockroaches are also a common source of allergens due to the enzymes in their excrement and other parts of their bodies.
Bed bugs are nocturnal insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals, usually while the victims are sleeping. These tiny pests are just 1mm to 7mm in size, making them difficult to detect without careful inspection. They hide during daylight hours inside wall cracks, between seams of mattresses, box springs, furniture, and behind headboards. Bed bugs can be a severe problem in hotels. In addition to painful, itchy bites, bed bugs can be hard to spot until an infestation has taken hold. Pest control measures are necessary if bed bugs are reported, and frequent inspections by pest control professionals can help manage potential issues before they become infestations.
Tips to help prevent pests in hotels
Whether your lodging business is a small inn, sprawling motel, multi-story hotel, or seaside resort, it’s essential to implement preventative strategies to keep your guests safe from pest infestations. Here are some tips to help prevent pests in your hotel:
- Partnering with a reliable, professional pest control company specializing in hotel pest prevention is the first step in making sure current pests are managed and future infestations are prevented as much as possible.
- Educate your staff on the best practices and ways to inspect hotel rooms for pests like cockroaches and bed bugs.
- Food service workers within your hotel must regularly check for signs of pests or the messes that attract pests in kitchens, food storage areas, service counters, and around trash bins. These areas should be kept clean, with workspaces sanitized daily.
- Clean up any areas of standing water and repair leaks in kitchens, bathrooms, and flooring that can attract cockroaches and rodents.
- Respond quickly to guests’ reports of pest issues by moving them to a different room and immediately calling in professionals to take care of the problem.
- Help prevent bed bugs by using specialized mattress liners and pillow casements.
- Keep structural issues in good repair, sealing up cracks and gaps in roofs, window trims, torn screens, and doorways.
Pest Control Services
At Hawx Pest Control, we offer free commercial pest control estimates. Our team members are committed to securing your hotel from pests that could damage your business’s reputation. Hawx technicians are highly educated on the latest pest control innovations and use modern technologies and tools to address or prevent infestations. We provide services in between visits on an as-needed basis at no extra cost to deliver the best possible results to our clients.