hawx is always reliable. always innovative.
ROACH CONTROL SERVICES
call hawx pest control for help today!
If you’re sick and tired of roaches appearing in your home, Hawx Pest Control can help. We know roaches, and we understand their behavior. That means we know how to keep them at bay effectively and permanently. Our preventative measures are designed to target the leading causes of your roach problems, keeping them away and preventing roaches from having any way or reason to enter your property. We even offer commercial-grade roach prevention services, including specialized pest control treatments designed for restaurants, medical facilities, and more! We proudly serve fifteen cities across the country, meaning we likely have a location near you!
Get help with your roach problems by calling the roach control pros at Hawx Pest Control! Dial (888) 372-9514 today.
what are cockroaches?
Cockroaches are a fairly large type of insect pest that has a tendency to live in dark, damp, and dirty places where they can find an abundance of food. They are typically flat, have oval-shaped bodies, are usually brown in color, have long antennae, and many species also have wings and can fly. However, all species are surprisingly quick and can scurry from place to place in a hurry. Roaches eat both food and non-food materials, and that often means they like to live in areas around trashcans, wastebins, and compost piles. They are also prolific breeders, meaning just a few invaders can create a large-scale infestation in a short period of time.
Some of the more common species of cockroaches we see are:
- American cockroaches. The largest common home-invading cockroach in the United States, with some adults growing to over two inches long. They are usually identifiable by their figure-eight marking behind their heads.
- German cockroaches. These major pests are smaller and light brown in color, but are probably the most prolific breeders of the roach world. Two roaches can create a colony of thousands in a matter of weeks, and eliminating them is extraordinarily difficult.
- Oriental cockroaches. Also known as water bugs because they like to live around drains and sewers, they have dark, smooth bodies and a musty odor associated with them.
are roaches dangerous?
Generally, no. Roaches are not aggressive, rarely bite, and are not venomous. However, the bacteria and viruses they can carry are harmful to humans. These pathogens are often found on a roach’s body and legs, and they can contaminate food and the surfaces of a home or business with things that can make people very ill. Roaches have been known to carry salmonella, dysentery, and plenty of other diseases that can be extremely painful or even fatal.
getting rid of roaches
Eliminating cockroaches is a difficult task, and that’s why we recommend leaving it to a professional, particularly for severe infestations and major problems. If you have a serious issue, Hawx Pest Control offers comprehensive solutions using modern techniques and materials. Every service is customized to the customer, and we even tailor our treatments to the season for maximum effectiveness.
However, you may want some helpful tips for keeping roaches away. When combined with proper prevention, these suggestions will help you avoid a roach problem in the future.
- Regularly vacuum your floors, and keep kitchen areas clean and free of food debris.
- Check the exterior walls of your property, sealing off any openings you find.
- Place weather-stripping around windows and doors.
- Replace torn window or door screens.
- Dry out basements using dehumidifiers.
- Make sure outdoor trash cans and compost bins have locking lids.
- Fix leaky pipes and fixtures – both inside and outside of your home or business.
- Inspect packages, boxes, and used appliances for cockroaches before bringing them in.